Confined Space Train the Trainer Refresher
Prerequisite Requirement: 32-Hr. Confined Space Train the Trainer
This course refreshes the 32-Hr. Confined Space Train the Trainer certificate. A detailed review of confined space regulations, typical atmospheric, physical, and mechanical hazards are taught and explained. Control measures are provided along with a number of application exercises focusing on confined space equipment, inspection, gas detection and atmospheric testing, and non-entry and entry rescue are discussed and reviewed.
This confined space course meets or exceeds OSHA 7300 29 CFR 1910.146 and 29 CFR 1926.1200 – 1213 (permit required confined space regulations requirements).
- Confined Space Definition and Requirements
- Discussion of common Fatalities & Mistakes
- 3 “Key” Questions
- What is a confined space?
- What are the hazards?
- What are the precautions?
- Legal Requirements & Review of Appropriate Legislation
- OSHA 1910.146, Permit-required confined spaces (PRCS)
- OSHA 1926.1200 - 1213, PRCS for Construction
- ANSI/ASSE Z117.1-2003, Safety Requirements for Confined Spaces
- Definition of “Competent”
- Review of Confined Space Testing Equipment
- Calibration of equipment
- Monitoring equipment
- Ventilation equipment
- What equipment is needed
- Non-entry vs. entry rescues
- Hands-on practice with rescue equipment