VIRTUAL Fall Protection Equipment Inspection
|Do you need a private virtual session for your employees? Call or email us for a quote or additional information: 855-565-6722|
This is a VIRTUAL, instructor-led, 6-8 Hr. course. The class will take place with a live Honeywell instructor through a virtual platform (A direct link to the training is sent after registration). Testing and certificate download will be through Litmos: https://honeywelltraining.litmos.com (Accounts are created upon registration).
Honeywell virtual classes are limited to 10 to keep the personal interaction between students and the instructor.
- A personal computer with a strong internet connection.
- A minimum of 1-3 fall protection harness(es) and 1-3 lanyard(s) (or SRLs) for the hands-on portion of this training.
- It is recommended that you obtain several pieces of Fall Protection Equipment from your site or inventory to inspect during the course beyond the minimum. You will be able to ask specific questions and visually show the Instructor during the course for recommendations and feedback on your equipment.
- Please ensure you have a web cam and that your computer audio is enabled. We suggest you use a headset, which reduces echo for the instructor.
- Please join at least 15 mins. early to work through technical issues.
At no additional cost, a digital download of the required books and all required course materials will be provided prior to the class.
The 8-hour Fall Protection Equipment Inspection Course is a course designed for a tool crib worker or equipment inspection manager that needs to inspect the equipment prior to issuing to the users, but does not have the level of responsibility the competent person does. The training provides experience, methodology and in-depth look at all standards (ANSI & CSA) and regulations (OSHA) covering inspection of personal fall arrest systems. Additionally, a newly trained "competent person" who is responsible for the annual inspecting of personal fall arrest systems. The newly trained competent person may need additional hands on inspection experience to broaden their inspection education.
- Competent Inspector Definition and Requirements
- Inspection Pass/Fail Criteria
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Inspection Procedures
- Hands-On Practical Exercises