VIRTUAL Fall Protection Competent Person
SAVE! 3-Day Discounted Combo Available
(Includes an extra full day of hands-on equipment inspection):
Competent Person / Fall Protection Equipment Inspection
|Do you need a private virtual session for your employees? Call or email us for a quote or additional information: 855-565-6722
This is a VIRTUAL, instructor-led, two-day course. The class will take place with a live Honeywell instructor through a virtual platform (A direct link to the training is sent after registration). Testing and certificate download will be through Litmos: https://honeywelltraining.litmos.com (Accounts are created upon registration).
Honeywell virtual classes are limited to keep the personal interaction between students and the instructor.
- A personal computer with a strong internet connection.
- A minimum of one fall protection harness and lanyard (or SRL) for the hands-on portion of this training.
- Please ensure you have a web cam and that your computer audio is enabled. We suggest you use a headset, which reduces echo for the instructor.
- We strongly recommend using more than one monitor in virtual training. In doing so, the presentation can be displayed on one, and workbooks and exercises can be displayed on the other.
- Please join at least 15 mins. early to work through technical issues.
At no additional cost, a digital download of the required books will be provided prior to the class. If you wish or to order printed copies of the books, you can do so by going to the below pages.
This two-day intermediate level course is designed for facility and site supervisors who must also serve as the competent person required by OSHA 1926.32(f), 1926.500 and 1910 standards. Participants are assigned tasks which require evaluation for fall hazards. The tasks are described using real-life site photos. The training provides more detailed coverage of the Fall Prevention & Protection Supervisor Training course materials and the following program topics. The course also supplies the participant with the knowledge and skills to perform the annual inspection and record keeping.
This course is based on American-driven content and will provide the fundamentals of the ABCs +R (Anchorage, Body Wear, Connecting Device, and Rescue). It will not include specific Canadian regulatory references based on provincial or territorial fall protection requirements. If you require a course that covers specific Canadian provincial legislations and examples, we do not cover that in this class.
- Overview of Fall Prevention and Protection
- The Need for Fall Protection
- Hazard Analysis
- Recognition of hazards
- Evaluation criteria
- Control measures
- Fall Prevention vs. Protection
- General Principles of Fall Protection
- Fall clearance calculations
- Total fall distance calculations
- Minimizing fall forces (live demonstrations)
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems (Hands-on-exercises)
- Inspection procedures
- Donning procedures
- Fit test
- Selection, application and care of equipment
- Fall Protection on Aerial Lifts and Ladders
- Fall victim
- First on the scene
- Self-rescue and assisted self-rescue
- Fall Hazard Task Evaluation (Exercise requiring hazard analysis)
- Subpart M (Exercise)
- Competent Person Inspection (Hands-on Practicum)