VIRTUAL Fall Protection Competent Person & Equipment Inspection COMBO
This is a VIRTUAL, instructor-led, 3-day course including 16-hr. Competent Person and 8-hr Fall Protection Equipment Inspection for a discounted combo price. The class will take place with a live Honeywell instructor through a virtual platform (A direct link to the training is sent after registration). Testing and certificate download will be through Litmos: https://honeywelltraining.litmos.com (Accounts are created upon registration).
Competent Person (Days 1-2)
This two-day intermediate level course is designed for facility and site supervisors who must also serve as the competent person required by OSHA 1926.32(f), 1926.500 and 1910 standards. Participants are assigned tasks which require evaluation for fall hazards. The tasks are described using real-life site photos. The training provides more detailed coverage of the Fall Prevention & Protection Supervisor Training course materials and the following program topics. The course also supplies the participant with the knowledge and skills to perform the annual inspection and record keeping.
Equipment Inspection (Day 3)
The 8-hour Fall Protection Equipment Inspection Course is a course designed for a tool crib worker or equipment inspection manager that needs to inspect the equipment prior to issuing to the users, but does not have the level of responsibility the competent person does. The training provides experience, methodology and in-depth look at all standards (ANSI & CSA) and regulations (OSHA) covering inspection of personal fall arrest systems. Additionally, a newly trained "competent person" who is responsible for the annual inspecting of personal fall arrest systems. The newly trained competent person may need additional hands on inspection experience to broaden their inspection education.
- A personal computer with a strong internet connection
- A minimum of 1-3 fall protection harness(es) and 1-3 lanyard(s) (or SRLs) for the hands-on portion of this training.
- It is recommended that you obtain several pieces of Fall Protection Equipment from your site or inventory to inspect during the course. You will be able to ask specific questions and visually show the Instructor during the course for recommendations and feedback on your equipment.
- Please ensure you have a web cam and that your computer audio is enabled. We suggest you use a headset, which reduces echo for the instructor.
- We strongly recommend using more than one monitor in virtual training. In doing so, the presentation can be displayed on one, and workbooks and exercises can be displayed on the other.
- Please join at least 15 mins. early to work through technical issues.
At no additional cost, a digital download of the required books and all required course materials will be provided prior to the class.
Digital workbooks cannot be printed but they are fillable PDFs, allowing commenting and notes. To order a printed copy of the workbooks, follow these links:
|Do you need a private virtual session for your employees? Call or email us for a quote or additional information: 855-565-6722|