VIRTUAL Fall Protection Competent Person for the U.S. Military
This is a VIRTUAL three-day intermediate level course is designed for facility and site supervisors who must also serve as the competent person required by OSHA 1926.32(f), 1926.500 and 1910 standards. Participants are assigned tasks which require evaluation for fall hazards. The tasks are described using real-life site photos. The training provides more detailed coverage of the Fall Prevention & Protection Supervisor Training course materials and the following program topics. The course also supplies the participant with the knowledge and skills to perform the annual inspection and record keeping
|This is NOT the 24-HR EM385-1 Competent Person for the USACE. If you are looking for this class, go here.|
- Overview of Fall Prevention and Protection
- The Need for Fall Protection
- Hazard Analysis
- Recognition of hazards
- Evaluation criteria
- Control measures
- Fall Prevention vs. Protection
- General Principles of Fall Protection
- Fall clearance calculations
- Total fall distance calculations
- Minimizing fall forces (live demonstrations)
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems (Hands-on-exercises)
- Inspection procedures
- Donning procedures
- Fit test
- Selection, application and care of equipment
- Fall Protection on Aerial Lifts and Ladders
- Fall victim
- First on the scene
- Self-rescue and assisted self-rescue
- Fall Hazard Task Evaluation (Exercise requiring hazard analysis)
- Subpart M (Exercise)
- Competent Person Inspection (Hands-on Practicum)
- A personal computer with a strong internet connection
- A minimum of one fall protection harness and lanyard (or SRL) for the hands-on portion of this training.
- It is recommended that you obtain additional Fall Protection Equipment than the minimum from your site or inventory to inspect during the course. You will be able to ask specific questions and visually show the Instructor during the course for recommendations and feedback on your equipment.
- Please ensure you have a web cam and that your computer audio is enabled. We suggest you use a headset, which reduces echo for the instructor.
- Please join at least 15 mins. early to work through technical issues.